Home  :  The Province
Inquiry Form
Your Name:
Email Address:
Contact Number:
Message:
   
Hotel Overview
 
San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
The History of San Jose started on 14th century. In the 18th century, the Spaniards took possession of the island. Pandurucan became the seat of the Civil Government on May 01, 1901. In 1950 the island of Mindoro was divided into two districts and in 1960 the capital of Occidental Mindoro was transferred to Mamburao

Quick Facts
  • Population: 137, 281 People (2009 Census)
  • 2% of total is composed of Mangyans
  • Tagalog is the most spoken dialect
  • First Class Municipality with complete basic infrastracture (banks, dept. store, etc.)

The Place
San Jose lies on the south western part of the island of Mindoro. It is bounded on the north by the town of Calintaan, on the west by China Sea and south by the Municipality of Magsaysay. It has a land area of 551.9294 square kilometers.

The People
San Jose is a first class Municipality. According to the 2009 Census, it has 137, 281 people in 27, 456 households. Most of the people are Visayans, Tagalog and Ilocanos distributed in 38 Barangays. Of its total population, 2% is composed of the Mangyans, the island's aborigines.